My class (just 3 of us + el profesor, William) visited the "popular market" today, which is a place real people shop, not a tourist place. Real people eat various parts of animals that I hope not to eat, and vast quantities of fruit. The market was bustling but not super crowded, and the vendors did not mind our gawking and picture taking. I did not buy anything, so now Noelani wants to go back to buy avacados and enormous guanabana fruit.
Everyone works with their babies/toddlers, either strapped to their backs, or hanging out in the booths. It is really sweet and makes me wish I could work that way.
A few if today's photos...









3 comments:
Wow, that really is a tremendous display of fruit!! Makes me hungry for some!
Fruit as it is meant to be..fresh off the tree, vine. I agree with April. I just want to reach my hand into the photo and choose some.
April and Diana, What about the meat? ;-) I suppose it is similar: direct from the source, no processing. Today we saw the farmlands, much prettier than the city, green and rolling hills (well, bigger than our Gladstone rolling hills). Many cows, that is where all of their milk comes from.
Thanks for posting your comments! We miss you all!!!
Post a Comment