Yesterday we went to the middle of the world! It was fun to see the water not sin (on the line) and then spin different ways to the north and south. This is why we have hurricanes, it seems.
My favorite part was that the native people who lived there 1500 years ago KNEW they we in the middle of the world, based on the sun and the stars
Gabriel took this picture of the mountains, from the middle of the world. He is enjoying the camera.
On the way home, I took pictures from the bus. The middle of the world (and all that we have seen of Quito) is not glamorous. Most buildings are rundown or being repaired. Some are new, and they are behind guarded fences. There is graffiti almost everywhere - some commissioned, some not.



5 comments:
Gabriel - We finally made it back to school today for a half day. I missed you, but glad to see you are doing well. Love, Owen
I never knew how much i wondered where the middle of the world was! So cool :)
Hi Owen, Gabriel is asleep now, but I will show him your message tomorrow. I'm glad school is open again. Love, Gabriel's mom from Friday centers
HOPE YOU ARE ALSO DOING WELL! SAY A HELLO TO MRS JAS FOR ME LOVE'S FROM Gabriel
I'm sure I won't be the first to say this, but I thought middle earth was in New Zealand ;-)
It's great to follow your trip this way. Loving the photos!
Post a Comment