Saturday, March 09, 2013

Haciendo queso (making cheese)

Yay! The Quesero (cheese guy) who our landlady hooked us up with offered to let us come see the cheese making process, and try our hand at it. I'm pretty sure his intention was just one day, but the guy who actually makes the cheese, my now friend and compadre, Fernando, invited me back for another day. This turned into a regular gig, so I've been going 3 days a week to really learn the process. Most of you know how exciting this is for me! Every day I learn something new about the nuances of the art. I can't wait to get home and start making my own. The mext few entriez are the process in detail to help me remember, and for your enjoyment,  of course :-) NEW JERSEY FRIENDS: I will be looking for fresh milk sources when I get back, so please keep your eyes open for possibilities. I promise to pay you back in fresh yummy cheese!

No comments: