Tuesday, April 28, 2026

Nomad Moms start their journey

 

Last day in Ottawa

April 2026: Before we jet off to ports unknown, we said hello & goodbye to family & friends. Most of them wish they could join us, and we keep saying "come along!" (and we mean it!). We stopped in:
  • Ottawa
  • Vermont
  • New Jersey
  • Florida
  • Arizona
  • California

On this leg of the journey, we did our best to view these familiar towns through the eyes of a traveler. We were amazed by the beautiful sunsets and flowers and birds and trees and buildings and oceans. And dogs! And humans, of course. ♥️ 

We also used this time to prep for our "active travel" with yoga, hiking, and climbing. (I'm updating this on Day 8 in Ireland and I can tell you, I'm sooooo glad for that prep!)

Chickadee in Ottawa

Cobra Chickens (aka Geese) in Ottawa

One last snow in Vermont

Spring in NJ

Cobra Chickens in NJ

Sunset in Basking Ridge, NJ

Great Blue Heron in Peapack, NJ

Sunset in Pittstown, NJ

Sunset in Venice Beach, FL

Rocko

Sunset in Scottsdale

Madison

Go-Ji

Hiking in CA

Cool architecture in Redwood City, CA

Birds of Paradise in CA

Cricket

Climbing in Trinidad (I also climbed in Oakland)

Hiking at Sue-meg State Park

OTTERS! (Mary's favorite)

Gorgeous Point Reyes hike to observe sleeping seals

California coast, or Ireland?

California or Ireland?

It's California!

Great white egret on the Dish hike above Stanford

Otis!

No comments: