Friday, July 31, 2009

Smiles and Quotes

What a difference a month makes! Gabriel is putting complex sentences together, using words like "either" and "already" and "actually". He will repeat anything we say and enjoys long, interesting words and will especially repeat things that make us laugh. We tried to get him to say "How you doin'?" in a New York/Joey-from-Friends accent tonight, but he said "How are you doing?" instead. He needs to spend more time on the east coast, I think!

Some recent Gabriel quotes:

Do you want milk or water? "I have one in the refrigerator already." [which was true, he had a milk box in the fridge from the morning]

If we ask him to do something, he says: "I'm doing this right now." [a very Buddhist, living in the moment, approach to life]

Upon waking from his nap, cuddling a stuffed Lamb: "Lammie is so cute."

In response to my lamenting at the cabin "Oh no, we don't have any peanut butter, that's tragic!" he said "We have peanut butter! It's in the refrigerator." and ran to the fridge, opened the door, took it out and said "It's right here!" [He was the one who emptied the cooler, under Bailey's supervision, while I was unloading the van.]

At the dinner table tonight, out of the blue: "I love you, Mama."

It is funny that I find myself writing his quotes down because I did the same thing when Bailey was little. We just went though a bunch of old pictures and there were a lot of little notes with Bailey quotes on them. So I think I'll add some recent Bailey quotes, too:
"I'm going to Disneyland in December."
"I'm writing a story." What's it about? "I can't tell you."
"Can I have my DS?"



No comments: