Yes, quite a milestone, I'm thinking. One year on the planet. Whew. There was so much to learn...nursing and wiggling and crawling and eating and standing and cruising. It is really amazing that there are so many different types of things on the planet...I have picture books that show me different animals and objects, and I have seen many different people and animals and places. I learned that each of these things has a name, and that the big people say the names when I point to the things and say "buh". They also hand me (almost) anything if I point at it and say "buh". I'm thinking I may never have to learn to say anything else, but I am practicing some other sounds, just in case I want to use them at some point. Speaking of practicing, I have been learning the xylophone, the rattle, and the drum. I also blow a mean whistle. I like to dance to most kinds of music, too. I often dance at the dinner table, even without music, just because I am happy. I also pat my head when I am happy (I learned about this in a book that has a song in it "if you're happy and you know it pat your head"). I never see other people pat their heads, but I just assume that they are not happy. Food makes me very happy. I like many different kinds of food, just not all of them all the time. Well, I always like bananas. Today, the tried to hide broccoli in my pizza, but I picked it out. Then, I messed with them by accepting a big stalk of broccoli and eating that. I like to keep them wondering. Oh, and I also like to keep them in line by showing my teeth sometimes (now that I FINALLY have teeth). For the most part, the big ones that I call Mama and Mommy, are very obedient. They come when I call and they take me where I want to go. I wish that sometimes they wouldn't take me in the car, though. I don't like riding backwards and can't wait until I am 20 lbs and can turn around. Today I went in the car to the doctor's office. I liked seeing the fish swimming in the fish tank, and I liked tearing the paper and looking in the mirror, but I didn't like waiting so long to see the doctor, and didn't like getting TWO shots. :-( I was kinda grumpy after that, but I did get to have a bath and to have a banana for dinner and then I got to do my new favorite thing - brush my teeth! They only let me brush my teeth twice a day. I wish I could brush them all the time. I am learning, though, that sometimes I can't get everything I want. I also had a hard time today because I dropped my kitty cat magnet into the side of the stove and I couldn't get it out. I know it's in there, and I'm hoping that one of my big people can get it out for me. I like magnets a lot. They stick to the fridge, the trash can, and the side of the stove. Some of them stick to each other, too. Well, so it's been a long day and now I need to get my lion, my monkey, and my baby and go to bed. Tonight I am planning to sleep all night -- the last feww nights I have been waking up periodically to remind my mamas what it was like in the early days, when I was zero and woke up all the time at night. I want them to appreciate how good they have it now, now that I am one. Night-night everyone.
- little g (who is getting bigger)
No comments:
Post a Comment