Saturday, January 20, 2007

Two Weeks

Yes, it has been two weeks already! It seems both longer and shorter than that. It's hard to remember a time when he wasn't here, and it is strange to see him so "big" now, different than the fragile newborn. I feel like we are coming out of the haze of the first two weeks -- often described, very accurately, as "really hard and really fun". It is so cool to just hang out and watch him do simple things like make faces and stretch his arms and legs. He loves the sun, and he loves the bath. He likes to sleep on his mama's breast, and on his mommy's chest. He is nursing like a champ, and has gained back 9 of the 14 ounces he lost. They say he has my nose and mouth. I say he has Noelani's spirit and strength. He is opening his eyes more and more, looking around, taking in this new world. He is squirmy and seems to have somewhere to go as he tries to scoot off of the ottoman during his sunbathes (don't worry, I'm right there to catch him). He doesn't have eyebrows, but his "eyebrow placeholders" are very expressive already. We are so curious about what he's thinking all the time. We are madly in love with him, and I have to go back upstairs to stare at him some more. Much love to everyone!

No comments: